Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

Find awesome platforms, services and more to make your life easier as a digital nomad.
By Alex Parsons
Hi all,

Just wanted to share a free app for charting expenses since I found this to be a really effective tool in terms of getting my finances together. When I first started, I found it difficult to stay motivated or actively set goals for myself since my spending was just this vague range based on what I felt like eating that day or whether I was going out that evening. I knew I had maybe a year of runway, but I think I've learned the hard way that having such a long timeframe only results in procrastination.

What I found is that once you know exactly how much you've spent each month, it really does get you motivated to set goals since you get this clear target of how much you need to make in order to break even. Anyways, it might not be necessary for everyone, but I do think it's a good habit for nomads who're still in the starting stages of building their income streams.

Hope this helps someone out in their journey. Safe travels everyone!

My cost of living in Cambodia:

https://goo.gl/wqw4Mq
Last edited by Alex Parsons on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This looks great. I do track my expenses (otherwise I'd run out of money pretty quickly) but it's more of day to day spend rather than living expenses. I love the visuals with this as well, far more meaningful than just numbers.
By CameronM
Thanks for sharing this app. Love the simple look and feel of it! :) I prefer tools and apps that are pretty straightforward to use so will definitely check this out. But may also need to work on my spending behavior too! :D
By Kelvin Rayne
I'd like to recommend 'Toshl Finance'. Very intuitive and flexible app (also free on its basic version, which is sufficient for most of us). It has features of tracking cash flows (both, costs and income), creating own categories and subcategories of costs/income, doing budgeting, analysis of aggregate (e.g. monthly) values and a couple of other things I don't even use :)

Anyway, the app has made me more financially disciplined and helped me to achieve my financial goals in a much easier manner.
By jayjay
Yeah I find it really useful to keep track of my travel expenses, too. I use this app for that and I think it's great.
It even allows me to share trips with other travelers so we can enter expenses together and split costs.
https://goo.gl/faKwpf

Hey team! I hope this finds you all well! Just […]

Very useful power bank for laptop

120K maAH, weighing only 500 g. Please, how much w[…]

SEO online education

I can share with you a short list of the best free[…]

Hi all, I literally joined this site a few hours […]

Our Digital Nomad Facebook Group Is Plain Awesome