Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

Driving across the country in a camper van whilst also being a digital nomad? Here's the place to learn how to and discuss the lifestyle! Moderated by Armando Costantino & Melony Candea, co-founders of Westfalia Digital Nomads, a lifestyle blog dedicated to #vanlife while being a digital nomad. They've been on the road 4+ years!
By nikki.thomas
I'm planning on buying my van within the next six months, getting it set up as a camper van, installing solar, etc. I've been doing a lot of research and I'll be doing a lot more. But there's one question I have that I haven't seen brought up on any blogs.

What do you do for personal security? Especially as a single woman on the road alone, I feel like I should have some kind of protection. I do know how to shoot a gun, but not sure that would be the best weapon of choice for a small space. Plus I don't know what the laws are in each state, how to be legal with it. So I'm wondering, taser maybe? Pepper spray? Or do you just keep your doors locked and hope for the best?

I wasn't worried about it until my mom voiced her concerns. Now it has me wondering...
By Wolfi
Hi nikki.thomas,
never ever think that a gun could protect you. This could really end badly. Instead of weapons, visit courses for self defense. You will learn how to defend yourself, use pepper sprays and react correctly in every situation. The presence of crime depends a lot on the country you visit. Watch out for choosing save parking areas/places.

Hop this could help you
Namasté
By MackenzieMoravick
I also have a dream to go for a trip on a campervan but of course with family. Yes, as a single lady it would become tough to travel and explore new places. However, you should prefer to discover safe and secure places where most families go. You should also get van insurance before travel, you can check quotes here ( https://www.tempvaninsure.co.uk/ ) for temporary insurance.

On the other hand, pepper spray, knife or pistol can keep a woman safe from the evils of the society? I think you should choose the right places better to go with an elderly woman etc, any Aunt. I don't know what should I recommend. But, better to visit safe places where security agencies are the best in their services and have zero rape, molestation or abuse rate. Or what I can say.... :?

:idea: Here's a link -> workmode.co Hey guys[…]

Hey guys I'm friz, I'm an indie maker. Currently t[…]

hotels in Kiev, Ukraine

hey there, hope everyone in a Christmas mood. I'm […]

Hey everyone, Just dropping by to share our lates[…]

Our Digital Nomad Facebook Group Is Plain Awesome