Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

Get the resources, information, and answers to your burning questions about how to be a digital nomad. From quitting your day job to finding freelance gigs to taking your business on the road.
By famlee
Like many in the first world, I and my family are overworked, underslept, barraged by material possessions, and in a stressful environment far from serene nature.

Due to various work, school, and moving plans, we are free of external location constraints, and have the opportunity to toss all our things in storage and spend some months living anyplace (with an internet connection to work from) this coming fall.

There are lots of resources about digital nomadism online, but they don't cover the key aspect of what we are looking for, which is the serenity, beauty, and ease of a resort or cruise experience. In other words, amenities like a vacation, so we can rest and heal, except we will be working, homeschooling, etc.

We researched cruise ships first, because while they're a bit expensive and the internet is not always great, we love cruising and the amenities (food, laundry, cleaning, walkability, spa, gym, babysitting) are ideal. However, as our pet is part of our family, cruising is not an option for a months-long trip.

So my question is whether there is a moderately priced place that would offer us that minimal, beautiful, all-inclusive, low effort healing experience, like a cruise ship or a big 4/5-star hotel. Basically, if we're willing to fly anywhere, be in a remote place, and stay for a few months, can we get that "everything taken care of" lifestyle at US big-city maximal lifestyle prices?

Some of the places that come up in Nomad List searches are Rethymno, Bali, Jeju Island, Portugal, Menorca/Mallorca. But it's hard to tell if they fit what we need. Advice on places, how to search, etc. please!
- Ubud in Bali
- Chiang Mai in Thailand

Ubud is absolutely amazing and affordable. You can get great services/help at a low cost and have access to tons of amazing healing experiences, healthy delicious food, beautiful nature etc. I would highly recommend Ubud! Definitely not a cruise ship.

How long will this trip last? I will likely be in Ubud next spring/summer :)

Wes, our smart passport holders are going to start[…]

I don’t have a home, but I do have a US mailing ad[…]

Ask someone from there

“Oops! You've pointed someonefrom.com to Bubble, b[…]

When I need to browse “from” a specific country (w[…]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!