Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

Get the resources, information, and answers to your burning questions about how to be a digital nomad. From quitting your day job to finding freelance gigs to taking your business on the road.
By haveri321
Hello guys!

I'm a total newbie so my question might sound awkward. I have a general understanding of computers but I don't know any language. I would really like to be a digital nomad and do something in computers like programming or web design, but I don't know what would be the fastest and most effecient route.

What would you advise me to check first? For example, if I only learn Java, can it be enough?

Thanks in advance and sorry that my question is so general
Haveri
By FluffyBlueCow
There's a free ebook called Not By the Hour. I'd suggest starting there, because you have to start with the end in mind.
Regarding web development, it's such an extremely saturated market (saturated by useless junk, not quality) that you'll have to aim high off the bat and know where the value is that you provide to companies / people.
By martin-martin
Hei everyone! This is an old post but I think the topic is very relevant!
:!: Disclaimer: I got a stake in this - see the bottom for more info.

Programming is such a useful skill if you are wanting to live as a digital nomad - freelancing or remote jobs in programming can allow you to make a decent income. And the demand for skilled programmers is still growing.

So where to start? There are gazillions of free online resources out there on the internet. And many-a-programmer has taught herself. What it really requires is to be determined and interested - and to keep working at it! :)

However, teaching yourself online through free courses also has some drawbacks, such as:
    - no clear guidance
    - lack of accountability
    - many people learn much better in a social setting
    - distractions, distractions, distractions...

Another way to go are bootcamps. Some offer to bring you up to speed with programming quickly. This can be a great way to get started - but often it is quite expensive.
Well-made bootcamps can be a huge gain and really turbo-charge your learning experience.
If you decide for a bootcamp, make sure that you feel good about the company and the people working there. I think it's great when there is a personal contact, small groups, and individual interactions. Make sure they treat you as a person - because that's how you'll be able to gain the most from it. :D

In any case, you will need to weigh your options to figure out what works for you personally.

-

If you're interested to learn one of the easiest and top 2 programming languages, python, in a fun bootcamp that takes you out of your daily grind and can kickstart your journey as a digital nomad, check out this python course in Barcelona that I'll be co-teaching this summer.

If this sounds cool and exciting to you, check out the website! You can also write me a DM if you want to know more and we can hop on a chat.

Buy A Smarter Home With HomeCapital Pune is the[…]

Your Homebuying Partner - HomeCapital! Do you d[…]

top 3 REMOTE ONLY job sites

Mahindra Bloomdale is Pre-certified Gold Rated Pro[…]

Places for a temporary digital nomad.

I'm not limited to the states but as it will only […]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!