Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

If you've got something to talk about, or a question to ask that just doesn't fit into another category, this is the place to share it!
Forum rules: 1) No affiliate links
Wifi and reliable internet connectivity is a great challenge. Of course, self-discipline is always good, especially when you are traveling alone. Important to realize, one of the great challenges is choosing a good partner to travel with.
I just read through the original prompt from @nomadicadmin (can I @ mention people on this forum? I'm new here!) and found myself giggling… SO TRUE that it is very difficult to work in sand or sun or wind! So many blogs and websites feature photos of bikini- clad people working on laptops on the beach with headlines like “your work life can look like this, too!” So glam. So impractical.

I’ve actually really struggled against this misconception. I’m a remote worker for a primarily non-remote company (most folks are based in the office). The last thing I want my coworkers to think is that I’m on a glorified vacation - I take my job quite seriously, in fact. When I transitioned to living/working on the road, I heard my fair share of responses like “must be nice.” Well, YES it IS nice, but also it’s a ton of hard work and sacrifice. Ultimately, I’ve learned I don’t need to prove anything to anyone (well, except maybe my boss) and it’s been a lesson in shrinking my ego.
My biggest challenge in getting consistent payments - one month I feel as though I'm rolling it in and the money just keeps coming in, and on other months I'm wondering if I can eat for the rest of the month.

I suppose I just need to get better and managing the income streams.
Does anyone live alone, but you travel for more than a month at a time and concerned about your empty place? I'm wondering if I should buy a cheap computer ( so that I don't care about its wear and tear ), so that I could hook up a web cam at home to monitor my apartment interior while I'm gone. I don't know anyone here enough to ask to watch my place.

Wes, our smart passport holders are going to start[…]

I don’t have a home, but I do have a US mailing ad[…]

Ask someone from there

“Oops! You've pointed someonefrom.com to Bubble, b[…]

When I need to browse “from” a specific country (w[…]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!