Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

If you've got something to talk about, or a question to ask that just doesn't fit into another category, this is the place to share it!
Forum rules: 1) No affiliate links
By vagabundia
Hello, all! I'm David - 28, native of Connecticut (US), former Spanish teacher and Peace Corps Volunteer in West Africa. I recently secured a job with a non-profit that allows me to work remotely, so I'm hoping to take advantage of that toward the end of this year by hopping on a flight to South America and spending the better part of a year exploring while working. I'm waiting to sell my current house and purchase an investment property for passive income while traveling before actually taking the jump; hopefully, this will happen mid-Autumn.

My plan is to work my way around South America, going to a new city every week or so - I'll be relegated to working mostly 9-5 Monday through Friday, so spending my weeknights exploring as well as the weekend and getting to somewhere new by Sunday every week. I'm currently trying to figure out the logistics of what I'll be doing - I'll be using a phone a lot for my job for calls, so looking into different hotspot/local service options, contemplating if I can pack all my junk into a carryon-sized backpack, and most importantly, budget. Reflecting a lot on whether I'd be happier renting out entire apartments and working out of them, or getting a shared room for more interaction but then either visiting a co-working space, cafe, library, etc. during the week for work. Would love to hear from people who have tried both of these out. I'm a US native, but acquired Portuguese citizenship when I was a teen, so hopefully the travel/visa procedure will be straightforward.
By rivervibesteve
Hello, I'm Steve. Live in Idaho and on the verge of possibly getting another full time perm job here.. but I don't know, I really want to travel, so holding off from talking to tech recruiters here.

. Love ReactJs programming and will be soon be learning nodejs possibly. I'd love to be able to travel, while coding, but not sure if it's feasible to work the long hours a software developer sometimes needs to work, and at the same be able to enjoy the countries I visit.
So here to get some feedback, and see who 's doing what.
By tigereye042
Hi I'm William. I'm 27. Two college degrees. A bachelor's and a associate degree both in general studies. From new England. Tried travel already and was unaware of pills to take and had a very rough plane ride.
I major in communication in school specialized in audio. I've been interviewed but haven't got a job. In school I couldn't do a internship because of my academic program. I have applied but no job.
To be honest I'm skeptical on the digital nomad thing but. I'm willing to try. Interests media, Audio, sound, sound engineering sound recording sound editing. Research history antiques hiking exploring.
I want to travel again. I want to see all 50 states, go to where my ancestors are from being Scotland, and Austria/Germany. I want to see the Scandinavian countries, see Japan and end up in Australia. I can't afford a lot right now.
I do have a job. I'm lucky if I get a 4 hour shift once a month. I started there in 2011 working up to 24 hr weeks. Then a manager there threaten my life multiple times. I waited to he left because I didn't want to tell someone when I still see him. Found out to late to complain. Guess have to tell someone when person still sees you. That won't lead to negative at all. Anyways I went from those weeks and able to do things my own to now thanks to procedures I never learn I go from a couch lifting myself to I have a hard time standing or even lifting 10lbs now and I don't know what to do.
Sorry about the length.

I just bought two Douchebags called "carryall[…]

First step is to figure out what remote skill you […]

Who Are You? Introduce Yourself!

Hi I'm William. I'm 27. Two college degrees. A bac[…]

Spotahome Review - Never Use Spotahome

I agree - never use spotahome. My booking was canc[…]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!