[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Skyroam/Hotspot or Coworking Spaces - Digital Nomads Forum

Welcome Nomad!

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW SITE USING THE LINK AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE - The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

If you've got something to talk about, or a question to ask that just doesn't fit into another category, this is the place to share it!
Forum rules: 1) No affiliate links

Skyroam/Mobile Hotspot or Coworking Spaces Around Argentina and Patagonia?

Skyroam Mobile Hotspot
No votes
0%
Coworking Spaces
100%
By AlyssaRichter
Hey all! I'm traveling through Argentina for about a year and teaching Englishonline as a way to earn money. I've realized that the internet in my hostal isn't quite good enough to teach my classes without any connection problems so I'm looking into getting either a mobile hotspot or using coworking spaces across the country. I've found pros and cons of both.

The hotspot I'm thinking about is the Skyroam or the Geefi. Skyroam costs $99 a month for data and it gives me the liberty to work anywhere. It also seems to be about the same price per month as it would cost for me to rent a coworking space a month with a coworking space costing a little bit more. However, to teach English, I need a quiet space and neutral background, so I'd have to get private hostal rooms or find quiet public spaces.

The coworking space gives me the atmosphere that I can rely on to teach English with already reliable internet. However, I am not certian that I'll always be able to find a coworking space available. My itinerary, more or less, includes Mendoza, Salta, Santiago, El Chalten, El Bolson, Bariloche, Ushuia, and throughout Patagonia. My biggest concern is not being able to find a space in Patagonia and where I think a Skyroam may come in more convenience. Does anyone know if these services are readily available in all these areas, specifically Patagonia?

Please let me know your thoughts or if you think a Hotspot or Coworking Space would be a better investment!
By Robert O'Kruk
Hotspots are somewhat dependant on the wireless infrastructure nearby (not always consistent). Whereas coworking spaces typically have the best internet available locally. My vote is for coworking spaces! Checkout Google Fi too!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Our Digital Nomad Facebook Group Is Plain Awesome