Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

If you've got something to talk about, or a question to ask that just doesn't fit into another category, this is the place to share it!
Forum rules: 1) No affiliate links
By Technomadic
Hey everyone! I’m a full-time student at the moment and tied down with other obligations, but I’d really like to begin the digital nomad lifestyle in a few years. In the meantime, I’ve begun working on creating a passive income to help supplement me on the future - an online business called Technomadic.

My site offers products, blogs, and other info for digital (tech) nomads, outdoor enthusiasts, and adventurers. The only thing is, I’m brand new to the word of online business, and am not totally sure how to go about getting traffic on my site.

I have numerous social media accounts - FB, IG, Messenger, Twitter, and Pinterest - which I update at least once a day. I’m working on marketing and boosting myself in the web, and my IG account is doing alright. That’s about it though, I don’t have any followers on Pinterest, FB, Twitter, or on the site itself.

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask, but could anyone offer guidance? I can include links to my accounts/site down below, but I don’t want to come off like I’m advertising here so I’ll wait until asked. I’m just looking for ways to maximize my potential on the web.

Thanks!
Collin T.
By Technomadic
Alright great! Any help would be awesome. My FB account username is @livetechnomadiconline and my website it livetechnomadic.com. Again, thanks!
By Mavilde
Hello, beautiful website!
I noticed you made it with shopify i'm not familiar with this platform :( i work mostly with Wix and Amen, but it might have some promotion tools available they all have.
Here is a link from wix which give ideas about promoting a website. https://www.wix.com/blog/2016/09/how-to ... w-website/
If you can access the admin tools on your platform you might find the promotion tools like SEO configuration and Email Marketing p.e.. Then you can use SEO to be found on Google, it's simple you ad a title and description and keywords from which you want to be found, like nomad, adventure, camping, etc. so you show up more. You can do this for every single page of your website if you want.
If you have a list of contacts you can use Email marketing to inform them of your website and promotions and so on, using a newsletter or a simple and beautiful email that catches attention, make sure it's readable on mobile, so include small subject. Most website platforms allow you to do that on the platform and you can see the analytics then of how the "campaign" goes.
You can then place your website on some places like online directories, you have to do it everyday and time after time if you want your website to be spread...here you find a list also from wix with some of this directories which do it for free: https://www.wix.com/blog/2016/09/how-to ... w-website/

On facebook you can use the publishing tools to get more followers, i saw there are still only 5, you can start by inviting all your friends. And then you can create ads to get your page to show up on timelines, they charge your for , you can chose your audience from many aspects , location, age, etc your goal with the ad and your budget

If your target is digital nomads i seriously advise you to create an account on LinkedIN also. It is not very associated with selling but it get you known from the people that might want your products and also and important you get to know them and their needs. This is an linkedin article about social selling, and yes you can do it :) https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/yes-you- ... g-tillman/

You have much more ways to promote your website with some investment like Google adWords, pay-per-click ...
I hope this helps to get started.
Best Regards,
Mavilde
By Technomadic
I can’t thank you enough! This will help me a lot. Yeah, the biggest issues I’m having right now are getting people on my Facebook page and site, and this should help with that! :D

Hi there Martin! It's definitely not too late to a[…]

Don't forget us!! We're new but planning to change[…]

Hi, Yes the samples are there because we're just […]

Hehe, I responded, but I don't think my responses […]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!