Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

If you've got something to talk about, or a question to ask that just doesn't fit into another category, this is the place to share it!
Forum rules: 1) No affiliate links
By Robert O'Kruk
Introduction time! Up to you what you want to share but here’s some ideas. Where you’re from, how old you are, your hobbies, where are you now, what you do as a learning or existing digital nomad, why did you join our forum? :)
By MikkaGlenn
Hi, my name is Mikka. I am a homeschooler. I want to travel with my son while spending time with him, but I want to be able to support us. I love editing videos and fitness. I have an AA in Pre Pharmacy but realized that isn't for me andI haven't been back to school since leaving when majoring in Health Admin. I just want to work from home, travel and have the opportunity to continue to teach my son at home. If anyone has any advice or information to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.
By Robert O'Kruk
Hey Mikka,

Welcome! You have some awesome goals and you should know they are totally feasible. Here's some forum threads that might be helpful to you:

- Guide To Being a Digital Nomad - viewtopic.php?f=27&t=383

- How To Find Location Independent Work - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=104

- Top 5 Remote Job Finding Platforms - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=35

Basically the main priorities I would invite you to explore is nailing down exactly the type of work you want to do, find the people already doing it remotely, figure out how they get their work and then put the work in to make it happen for yourself. Our community is here for you with any specific questions you have along the way! :)
By dave.coppola
Hi I'm Dave,
I'm 41 years old. I'm a musician/artist. I joined because i have a van and I'm seriously considering selling everything and hitting the road! I have many questions and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Dave
By Sandra Clarke
Hi, My name is Sandra and I do things the hard way. For instance, I've always wanted to be a nomad for a year or two and then settle down and build an off-the-grid homestead in the woods with my husband. But I'm in a mixed marriage that made this process difficult. You see, I married a Vulcan. My Vulcan husband decided that we shouldn't be nomads, but loved the idea of an off-the-grid homestead. So in 2010 we bought our tiny house in the woods of South Algonquin, Ontario, Canada. We hope to retire there one day. I'm 52 and my husband is 158.5 in Vulcan years, that's 58 in human years. After some logical consideration, my husband came around to my way of thinking now likes the idea of being nomads for a couple of years. YEAH TEAM HUMAN! I did my research and told him about boondocking and digital nomad jobs. He now sees the nomad life as a viable retirement activity. His job isn't going to last much longer and we can take early retirement when he is 60 years old. (In Canada). We would still need a moderate income to keep the homestead running and our wee townhouse in the city's lights on while our young adult children live there. Our kids are 23 and 17 years old now. Our 23 year old daughter is returning to college in September. She was born with congenital heart defects that cannot be repaired. She's had 3 heart operations and will eventually needs a transplant. Our 17 year old son has high functioning autism. To meet him, you'd like he was just shy. He is a lovely honour student starting the 12th grade in September. We'd like to see our kids start on their own path before hitting the road. That means the earliest we would be nomads is in 2020. That gives me time to start a digital nomad job while at home and take it on the road in 2020. I'll have a great time as a nomad travelling around North America, but I think the Vulcan will be bored. I keep pointing him in the digital nomad direction, but he doesn't seem to understand it. Good thing a have 2 or 3 years to plan our exodus. So I'm here to learn and ask your advice on everything nomad. Thanks for adding me! Sandra
By ricketyroad
Hey everyone, My name is Ricky Baker. I'm not sure where to start, I'm new to most of these ideas. I am a former army dude without much experience playing with the digital world outside of Facebook and stuff like that. I recently decided to start learning some cool things like basic coding concepts, and seeing what I can get into with those skills one day. Wish me luck. I hope to maintain my momentum, and make some friends that I can learn from about the world as well as a new perspective on the good life. haha. Thanks, this has been my first post on any forum ever. Have a wonderful day.
By Wojtek Kalka
Hi there

I am Wojtek, a ethical hacker, warrior poet and digital nomad for 10+ years, living in Winter in Thailand and the rest I travel the world ...

Just google my name if you need more info ..

Cheers
Wojtek Kalka
By Adam Urban
Hi there!

I'm Adam. I am a Full Stack JavaScript developer. Few months I’ve decided I needed a change. The area of life which required it was my job. I have been interested in “digital nomad” lifestyle for a quite some time. Recently I visited my friend in Thailand to have a first-hand experience of what such a life looks like. I've made up my mind and I want to try out digital nomad lifestyle :)
By LittleRozMoments
Hey there,

I'm Roz.
Closed my last company in December and decided to just freelance.
Created a Travel Bucket List at the beginning of 2017 - currently on track to have visited 15 European cities by the end of the year (9 down, 6 to go)
Started blogging about it all --> https://littlerozmoments.com/

I would travel full-time but I have a dog at home. He wouldn't enjoy all the travelling and I miss him too much when I am away.

Nice to meet you all :)
By itsazoe
Hey all, my name's Zoe and I really want to start exploring what the world has to offer. I'm 20, enjoy gaming, nature and trying to find myself. I'm based in South England, so if anyone has any recommendations on where to have a gander, feel free to help a gal out!

I'm friendly and I'm also hoping this will be an opportunity to meet some exciting people! I'm going to start a blog on my travels (which I haven't actually started yet) but it'll be fun :)
By Syed
Robert O'Kruk wrote:Introduction time! Up to you what you want to share but here’s some ideas. Where you’re from, how old you are, your hobbies, where are you now, what you do as a learning or existing digital nomad, why did you join our forum? :)

Hi everyone,
I'm Syed from Malaysia. I'm residing in Shah Alam which is about 25km from the city of Kuala Lumpur. I'm 58 and is a retiree. I'm not really that tech-savvy and is only familiar with the basic applications, but I would love to pick up some knowledge which I'm sure I can pick up from this forum. I love to travel, and I found some discussions here very interesting...

If you are at least a small fan of history, art an[…]

Yep I've used getsitecontrol as well and loved it.[…]

Egg Wifi in Europe?

Hi guys, new member here! Me and my friends will b[…]

We recently launched our mobile app on iOS & A[…]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!