Welcome Nomad!

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW SITE USING THE LINK AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE - The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

Foreign countries, foreign laws...stay out of jail with the help of this forum and find the best solution for your tax questions.
By Jack Lime
Hi Everyone,

"An individual taxable under the remittance basis will be liable to Irish income tax on:

1) Irish income
2) Foreign employment income to the extent it relates to Irish duties, irrespective of where paid
3) Foreign income to the extent it is remitted into Ireland.
"

I am a German national planning to move to Ireland under their Non-Dom system being self-employed there as a sole trader this is probably called.

I am self employed working for international clients in the IT consulting industry. So most of my work is being done through my Laptop on servers in the US for US clients.

I have the option of letting my clients pay my invoices to my US based USD bank account.

So two cases here where i am not 100% clear on this - especially the "2) Irish duties" clause:

a) If i am on Irish soil doing work on a US server for a US client which pays me to my US bank account and i do not remit / transfer that money to Ireland is that foreign income that is not taxed or does this fall under "Irish duties...." because i am in Ireland at the time of doing the work?

b) If i am on German soil doing work on a US server for a US client which pays me to my US bank account and i do not remit / transfer that money to Ireland is that foreign income that is not taxed or does this fall under "Irish duties...." as i am working in my capacity as an Irish self-employed tax resident / non-dom?

So basically as long as my work is for US infrastructure for US clients e.g. does it matter if i am on US soil for the non-dom system and does it matter if i invoice the clients as an Irish self employed resident / non-dom.

Everybody seems to say something different including tax lawyers as most do not really understand the whole remote work thing.

Thanks a lot
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Our Digital Nomad Facebook Group Is Plain Awesome