Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

Foreign countries, foreign laws...stay out of jail with the help of this forum and find the best solution for your tax questions.
I'm looking to chat with other Americans who are digital nomads or simply expats and curious what your tax structures are and why. My main concern is doing things right and after spending countless hours researching and talking to various attorneys/international tax guys, there isn't a straightforward answer.

Looking to connect with others in the same situation.
Cheers!
A buddy of mine who's just started the nomad life and who is also American has researched this matter quite a bit. Apparently, as long as you don't stay for over a month in the States, you don't have to declare your international income there. If you can get TAX residency elsewhere, you can pay taxes in that place. Note that tax residency and physical residency are not necessarily the same. Also, if your income exceeds a certain amount (~ $250K annually), you'll need to pay taxes the US regardless. In that case, you may want to consider renouncing your citizenship...

I hope that helps.
Places for a temporary digital nomad.

I'm not limited to the states but as it will only […]

https://youtu.be/1eVOQxepWg0 Let me kno[…]

Travel addicts wanted!

Hello! I am interested in learning more about your[…]

Who Are You? Introduce Yourself!

Hi there ! My name is Benjamin , I am from the […]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!