Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

Foreign countries, foreign laws...stay out of jail with the help of this forum and find the best solution for your tax questions.
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if how you guys managed you professional expenses. Can you declare things like coworking rental as expenses even if it's in a far away country?

I many countries it is ok to declare your coworking as a business expense and you get some tax deductions and such. But will the tax man accept invoices from Thailand or Spain if it is not your country of residence?

I was also wondering if using online booking services/apps, you could actually circumvent some of the potential tax problems. I know an app where you can charge credits to spend in coworkings. There no way for taxes to know later where you are spending those...

If anyone has any insights on this it would be great to talk about it :D
Hey Ben,

The exact answer will depend on the country you're from. I'm from Canada and usage of foreign coworking spaces can be claimed as long as you keep receipts. The origin of the country of the receipt should not really matter, it's more important what the receipt is for.

Looking into business tax claimable information for your specific country will likely hold the definitive answer :)

I use travelcuts which is by far the cheapest I ha[…]

Who Are You? Introduce Yourself!

Hello! Krim's here, 28, born and raised in Philipp[…]

I'd like to add to the list, FlexJobs.com as a via[…]

Anyone Living in Sri Lanka ?

Hi Nomads ! I'm a french digital nomad living in[…]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!