Welcome Nomad!

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW SITE USING THE LINK AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE - The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

Get the tips you need to save every penny when it comes to foreign currencies. From where to exchange to top tips and strategies, you'll find it here!
Hi all :D

I'll be living abroad next year, off dividends derived from international stocks, but remain an Australian resident (at least for the first few years)

I'm trying to find the most cost effective solution for foreign currency transactions, high interest rate on savings and low fees on transfers.

For example, a solution that allows me to receive several different foreign currency payments, and then hold onto those payments in their respective currency until such time as the exchange rate is favorable. Once this occurs, exchange the funds and then transfer them into a high interest earning / low fee account that I can access abroad.

My plan thus far is to open an Interactive Brokers (international brokerage) account and have dividends payed into a CitiBank multi-currency account, linked to an everyday savings account.

I'll predominately be travelling SE Asia

I'm curious what others are using, I've read up on TransferWise, Revolut and N26, however I have many reservations about holding more than a few grand in any type of institution that doesn't have a proven and extensive track record

Thanks
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]

Our Digital Nomad Facebook Group Is Plain Awesome