Our Startup Optimetriks (aiming to change the way of distributing goods in Africa: http://optimetriks.com/
) is currently searching for a backend lead developer with a solid experience in NodeJS, GCP, Kubernetes, CI... If you are communicate well, enjoy challenges, want to discover another continent and like going searching for lion during the weekends, join us!
If interested, contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Spread the word if you know some people interested by such opportunity.
PS: we are also open to remote workers (but full time).
Job description :
Who we are
At Optimetriks, our mission is to change the way distribution in Africa is managed. We are building a platform that connects all the parts of the distribution value chain to better serve the bottom-of-the-pyramid points of sales. Our clients use our products to identify leads, streamline & digitize their route to market, gather market intelligence and more.
We are a tight-knit team with a common ambition to build technology that disrupts distribution in Africa. We truly value the diversity of our backgrounds and learn from each other everyday. We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer with extensive experience in Node.js to speed up our development.
About the role
• You will design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications in NodeJS.
• You will write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
• You will work closely with our team in order to constantly improve our internal tools and apps.
• You will make decisions on the tech stack we are using.
• You have 3-5 years experience working with Node.js at scale.
• You have a very strong grasp of computer science concepts.
• You have experience with unit testing and continuous integration.
• You are familiar with GCP tools and services (e.g Kubernetes, BigQuery, Firebase,...).
• You are open-minded and enjoy working in a team.
• You are a good communicator and enjoy discussing your work with different stakeholders
Include a cover letter, projects you have recently been involved in and a link to your GitHub profile. Please be specific about your role and contributions in the respective projects.
Possibility to work remotely or in our office in Nairobi (Kenya).