Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

Get the resources, information, and answers to your burning questions about how to be a digital nomad. From quitting your day job to finding freelance gigs to taking your business on the road.
By ClintGillenwater
Hey hopefully this is in the right section. I'm going to be spending a couple of months in Bali and I want to learn to code while I'm out there. I have some experience but can't find the time to go to classes while living in NYC. Can anyone recommend any good online coding schools? My ultimate goal is being able to travel/surf and work from my computer. I'd like to get into web design and such so I can free-lance for small businesses but I'm open to other avenues that will let me travel and work as well.

Thanks for any advice!
Clint
By Robert O'Kruk
Hey Clint!

This section is perfect so no worries. When and where abouts are you headed to Bali? Me and my girlfriend are hoping to make our way over within the next few months as well. Check out this resource from Simo Ahava. He's a digital marketing industry leader (more so on the technical coding / Google products side of things). I think it would be perfect for someone like yourself looking to develop functional and useful skills you can get paid for remotely.

http://www.simoahava.com/analytics/10-j ... mentation/

I've been in the digital marketing industry for about 6 years, I have worked in a startup, a small business, a large ecommerce firm and now my own firm plus a few side projects. Let me know if you would ever want to jump on a quick call and I would be happy to give you a lay of the land. When it comes to remote working, I think digital marketing is amazing and it's personally what me and my girlfriend do for income while we travel :)

Sending good vibes your way!
By ryan.desmond
Hey @ClintGillenwater, if you're still heading to Bali and wanting to learn to code, you should check out http://codingnomads.co. Our motto is literally, "Learn to code, travel the world." We're hosting a Java + SQL + AWS Bootcamp in Bali in March and April. http://codingnomads.co/courses/12-week-bali/ If you have any interest or questions please don't hesitate to reach out!
By ZacharyBurt
Hey Clint,

I'm in NYC too. And I wrote a book about how to break into freelance consulting! You should definitely check it out once you learn to code.

My recommendation is this: find something you really, really want to build. Maybe it's a website for yourself with some specific functionality. Maybe it's an app. Who knows. Whatever it is, let your *passion* drive you. Your curiosity to satisfy your "itch" will point you in the direction of things to learn. Use your passion to guide you to the path of getting something minimum working. Then, once you know what you need to know in greater depth, sign up for a MooC or a course or a book or a video series or whatever you feel is best for however you like to learn.

IMHO.

Zack
Which van to choose?

Here a new video playlist we're working on to help[…]

pożyczki gotówkowe online

Już od dziesięcioleci, dostanie się z jednego krań[…]

A new British television dating series is looking […]

A new British television dating series is looking […]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!