Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

Find awesome platforms, services and more to make your life easier as a digital nomad.
By Robert O'Kruk
Just found this coming soon air travel hack platform. Basically you can book last-minute standby tickets just like an airline employee. I'm on the waitlist! :)

http://www.mycape.io

Anybody have any other epic flight hacks? I use https://www.skyscanner.net/ for most of my flights
By Toto
I wonder how they would get access to these systems!

Apparently the airline systems are 50+ years old and totally outdated. Can't imagine there's a realtime update on this :D
I'm also curious about how the logistics work. Not to mention the fact that they're giving free domestic and international flights if you get enough referral's. That's probably going to add up to a lot of cash! So I'm curious how it's being funded as well!
By lyle.jover
Toto wrote:I wonder how they would get access to these systems!

Apparently the airline systems are 50+ years old and totally outdated. Can't imagine there's a realtime update on this :D

Most of the systems are indeed jurassic but fortunately the systems we need to make these possible aren't! :) :)
By lyle.jover
Robert O'Kruk wrote:I'm also curious about how the logistics work. Not to mention the fact that they're giving free domestic and international flights if you get enough referral's. That's probably going to add up to a lot of cash! So I'm curious how it's being funded as well!

Logistics is simple: Book within 7 days from departure, receive confirmation 24hrs before it departs(no need to sit around in the airport). While you wait for confirmation, your odds can change(higher or lower) depends on the passengers and availabilities. You could bid your way up the list depends on how eager you are taking that flight.

For the free flights: it's economics :)
By hostnomad
I could imagine this being similar to AirBnB in that, if you are one of the first users for the first few months you get absolute BARGAINS until a lot of people get on board (literally) and then everything shoots up in price. Handy for the time being though... Signing up now!
Hei @lyle.jover. It's an interesting business model. I'm interested to see this in action. I wonder how that bidding will go...

Where does the money of the bids go? Is this cape.io's monetization strategy? I imagine the flight prices are set and that the airline companies won't benefit from the bidding - but I have of course no clue whether you have some deal with them or how all this goes.

If you feel like elaborating some more on your business model, I'd be super interested to hear about it. : )

Hey Nomad family, If you want to travel but still[…]

check the link for travel story :D :) :) :) […]

I found a similar laptop stand from Hizek on the G[…]

Hey Lee, Welcome to the forum and congrats on mov[…]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!