Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

If you've got something to talk about, or a question to ask that just doesn't fit into another category, this is the place to share it!
Forum rules: 1) No affiliate links
By Robert O'Kruk
What's up guys! Just curious about the classic debate as it relates to digital nomads. Mac vs PC? Where do you weigh in? Which works best for you?

I know while travelling I have overwhelmingly seen more digital nomads on Mac's, and I am on one too. I use the 2015 Macbook Pro, but wish I got the air because it's lighter and has better battery life. I don't really need the extra power for what I do.

Let's hear it!

macvspc.jpg
By Herbst
IMO thats easy.

* Do you want to work outside?
* Do you want to best possible battery life even after half a year?
* Do you want the very best hardware pieces?
* Do you want to be able to replace/upgrade hardware?

Then dont get a Mac. I take OSX over Windows every day but IMO macbooks are more than suboptimal for the average nomad. I have a pimped thinkpad that not only does feel faster (Because i was able to upgrade it with the best RAM & SSD i could found, both are the typical bottlenecks today, not CPU) but even has better battery life than i had on my 2015 MBP after half a year of use.

Based on that i have 14+ hours battery i dont take my charger with me, therefore it is even lighter than my MBP was.
By hostnomad
I've got the Microsoft Surface Pro and in my opinion is the best option available. Powerful, light, excellent battery.
By Robert O'Kruk
Yah I was super sceptical about the Microsoft Surface Pro. Always thought tablets kind of suck. But I tried one recently and was really impressed. Would definitely consider one in the future once they get a little more mature.
By martin-martin
I'm using a Macbook Air 2013. Bought it second hand, too. It's been serving me super well for more than two years now already! : )
I like very much how light it is. It's easy to take around and there's something about having a sleek-looking mac laptop that I've come to appreciate during my times of living (voluntarily) homeless:
Wherever you are, if you have a Macbook that you're working on, you are much less publicly perceived as being homeless than you are with a more generic gray-black notebook. However, this might be a niche-benefit that doesn't apply to all that many people ; ) - plus having a newer non-mac-laptop could probably provide for feature that as well.

Anyways:
- battery life is great IMO
- full sunshine is indeed not perfect (but I anyways prefer to sit in the shadow if I work on something)
- very light
- OSX

So for now I'm pretty happy with what I have : )

Hi Guys, I present you Globestamp, a new app for t[…]

research carried out at Cornell University... has[…]

Here are 4 apps that I use everyday, all day, I'm […]

Hi everyone! I'm Jeremie, I'm actually living in P[…]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!