Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

If you've got something to talk about, or a question to ask that just doesn't fit into another category, this is the place to share it!
Forum rules: 1) No affiliate links
By NomadicAdmin
Being a Digital Nomad, you’ll be met with a lot of reactions that go something like this: “holy shit you’re living the dream”. Step 1, practice humility. Step 2… hmm I guess it is pretty cool. A Digital Nomad is such a new concept and event 5 years ago the industry was almost exclusively saturated with “make $10,000 a month in under and hour a week” information, always from companies that wanted to sell something.

When people find out you work online and make money for real, they can get pretty excited. You should also be excited if you have this lifestyle or if you’re moving towards it. Here are a few reasons why:

1. You Get To Travel

Travel is the ultimate luxury. Seeing the most beautiful sights in the world (and also being exposed to some of the most heartbreaking) changes you in profound ways. Traveling indefinitely gives you the ultimate freedom to travel slow and really absorb the culture that you’re in to fully experience life in that country. It also allows you to cross off dozens of countries from your bucket list!

2. Meet Your Next Co-Founder

Unless you live in a tech and start-up hub like San Francisco, it can be a challenge to meet like-minded people who are working on really cool projects. Even if you’ve found a great place to work and be inspired in your home city, you can be assured that across the world is an amazing co-working space with people who are working thousands of other really cool projects that may just inspire you to change your industry, or even the world! You might even meet the perfect business partner or investor to get your foot in the door.

3. Home Is Where The Heart Is

As a Digital Nomad you’ll learn to take this concept to heart. You don’t really have a home, well you don’t have a single home. Your home is everywhere you go. Where there’s home, there’s also family. On the road you’ll have a little family wherever you go and make amazing friendships that can last a lifetime. Since your travel isn’t bound by time, knowing that you’re not going back to your OG country friends and family puts you in a position to seek out and experience these connections even more strongly.

What's the biggest benefit that you’ve found to being a Digital Nomad?
By laurie_awe
My favorite part of being a nomad is to be able to follow wherever I am led. I am not stuck with having to do the same thing over and over again. If I am led to take a path down a road it will surely lead to some new experience that I can learn from. I love the feeling of knowing that I can choose to do whatever I want to, wherever I choose.
By Jenny0092
For me it would be the feeling that I am independent. I am a freelancer, so I do not have a boss who decides what work do I have to do and when do I need to do it. And of course, not being bound by the location.
My favorite part of being a nomad is to be able to follow wherever I am led. I am not stuck with having to do the same thing over and over again. If I am led to take a path down a road it will surely lead to some new experience that I can learn from. I love the feeling of knowing that I can choose to do whatever I want to, wherever I choose.
By GoMilena
My favorite part of being a digital nomad is the independence. You can work from anywhere you want, any time you want, on any project you want, and with anybody you want. But of course I notice much more benefits of leading a life as a digital nomad.

I have even written a blog post on that subject not that long ago. I don't want to copy and paste it here, so I will just list the biggest benefits of life as a digital nomad that I came up with:

1. You are your own boss
2. You can work from anywhere you want
3. You choose who you work with
4. You can wake up any time you want
5. You gain knowledge through experience
6. You learn only the things you need
7. You do what you like
8. You become more self-confident
9. You learn more about yourself
10. You start looking at the world in a different way
11. You develop your connections
12. You can travel more
13. You don't waste so much time

If you want to read the full blog post, you can find it here: https://gomilena.com/en/13-perks-digital-nomad/
By quinbee
Wow, there are tons! If you love to travel and hated a routine type of work, you'll end up appreciating lots of things about being a digital nomad. For me, its flexibility, not getting stuck on a fixed income, enjoying the opportunity to travel and make new friends, learning more about the culture of each place I visit and being able to have fun in a plethora of exciting foods in each place I visit! :D
By CameronM
Traveling is the number 1 reason that has driven me to become a digital nomad. There are plenty of challenges but no regrets. This is THE life and freedom that I have wanted! The learning experiences are awesome. Makes you bolder, respectful to others, emphatic and confident.
Im glad I now registered

Very good facts. Cheers! Here is my weblog: BHW

Hey guys, Would like to take a chance here to pro[…]

Battling Homesickness

It sometimes depends on how close knit your family[…]

New Zealand has always been my target due to its p[…]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!