Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

Driving across the country in a camper van whilst also being a digital nomad? Here's the place to learn how to and discuss the lifestyle! Moderated by Armando Costantino & Melony Candea, co-founders of Westfalia Digital Nomads, a lifestyle blog dedicated to #vanlife while being a digital nomad. They've been on the road 4+ years!
Hi Mel & Armando! :) Welcome to the forum! I read your welcome post and am so impressed! I've always been interested in an epic road trip with a camper van, I see some people call this van life. I thought it would be hard to do as a digital nomad because of wifi...but I bet you guys have a solution!

How do you manage your Wifi situation while on the road?
We bought years ago a Huawei portable router (you can find now also other brand) and each country we visit we buy a prepaid data sim card (as without an address they can't make any contract). That's what we use in order to communicate with clients and work on our website or social. When we need to upload or download bigger files we always find some free wifi around. Depends on the country you can find different prices: for example now in Italy our data sim card is 10GB for 15 Euro. In Portugal last year was illimitate for 30 euro a month.
It happend, for example in Morocco last winter. At that time I had a video editing job and I had to download constantly several GB every week. Was difficult to find a good and fast wifi there, so after 2 and a 1/2 years working for this client, I've decided to leave the job to a friend of mine, less stress and no more worries now. Lately I've started working more for motion graphics, less heavy files and I can easily send it with our wifi. Other times happend that we just look and look for the right place with fast wifi. We used ofter a free app called wifi map and as well worked from coo-working and such.
Hi Jessy, as Armando said we love our Huawei (I'm using it now). Ours is a little older than these: http://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile-br ... /index.htm It's perfect for me, since I just need to research/write online; Armando sometimes needs a lot more for uploading and sending his video files. Cafes become handy then. Ha. Make sure whichever WiFi device you choose works in more than just one country (some are based with local contracts and such) if you're going to be traveling a lot. :)

Hey Jack! The biggest piece of advice I can offer[…]

If you're headed to Kuala Lumpur stop by my friend[…]

I actually train parkour! It's an awesome sport be[…]

Who Are You? Introduce Yourself!

Hey everyone! Tim from New Zealand here. I'm curr[…]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!