Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

Have a story to share? Whether it's funny, scary, happy, sad, usual or unusual - share your stories about being or becoming a digital nomad here.
Not everyone has to, or should have to, quit their “day job” to become a digital nomad. But for some of us, taking the leap is inevitable. Yes, quitting your job and selling all of your things has become a bit cliche, but it can be a necessary step that many digital nomads want to (and might have to) take to live a location independent lifestyle of travel.

Before becoming an Admin of the Digital Nomads Forum, I managed a small team of Digital Marketers at a fast-growing eCommerce firm. I knew I wanted to travel and work on my own terms and that I’d have to move on.

Before taking the plunge and quitting, I called some industry contacts to see if they had any freelance work available, and found that I would quickly be able to make enough money to live quite well in cheaper destinations (like South East Asia and Central America) while still being able to afford cheap flights and train tickets to ferry me around one country to the next. It was scary to pull the plug but I wrote up my resignation letter and handed it in to work soon after.

When I told my boss about my plan he was not surprised at all. He wished me the best of luck and we parted on good terms.

How did you quit your day job? How did your boss react?
There was 4 partners (basically 4 bosses) at the digital marketing firm that I worked for. After working hard for 2 years and forming close relationships with them it was really tough! I visited each of them privately and explained why I was leaving in detail. They were all supportive more or less which was awesome. They were definitely a little bummed to see a good team member go, but you have to support your team beyond one workplace to be a great leader.

It was tough, but it went well and was necessary to start a new phase in my life.
Im glad I now registered

Very good facts. Cheers! Here is my weblog: BHW

Hey guys, Would like to take a chance here to pro[…]

Battling Homesickness

It sometimes depends on how close knit your family[…]

New Zealand has always been my target due to its p[…]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!