Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

This is the place to discuss cities and hotspots for digital nomads. Find your next destination and share your experiences with fellow nomads!
Hi all;

I'm just starting out as a digital nomad and am based in Siem Reap, Cambodia for the next year.

I was just wondering if anyone else has used SR as a base and if so can you recommend somewhere with great wifi. It needs to be good quality, fast and reliable enough for to use for a video conference call. Ideally I'll need somewhere where I can make a private call - i.e. a booth or separate room, or the very least somewhere that's not too small.

So I'm really looking for a co-working space or a cafe. Also what speed/ bandwidth is recommended for a good quality video conference call?

Any suggestions please?

Thanks
Tanya
Hey Tanya, are you still in Siem Reap? Maybe you could check out this place: https://app.daysk.com/list/TsRFSedcJvkn ... king-space
Haven't been personally, didn't know about it when I was there but from the picture it looks cool.

I worked a few times from a place called New Leaf Eatery, great burgers and beers. But it can get busy and the wifi wasn't the best.
I didn't stay for too long in Siem Reap but hoping to do so next time! Have spent two weeks there but was able to work remotely for about 4 days in a week. I've done some light researching and website tasks and the Internet was pretty okay. I do think that the internet speed there may become too slow for heavy usage, Skype video calls, but I might be wrong too. But there are existing coworking spaces there such as the Angkor Hub so I assume their Internet is quick and very reliable.
1961 is a coworking space/art gallery that's outside the crazy that is pub street. You'll find 'soul' there for sure. The wifi is good and they have a backup generator in case of power outage which is definitely a thing in Cambodia. There are numerous little cafes in the city too, but their wifi tends to be pretty spotty.
Who Are You? Introduce Yourself!

Hey Mikka, Welcome! You have some awesome goals a[…]

Once a nomad, you will always be a nomad! ;) Ho[…]

We’ve all got them. That one thing you spend hours[…]

What do you do with your free time when you’re not[…]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!