Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

Get the resources, information, and answers to your burning questions about how to be a digital nomad. From quitting your day job to finding freelance gigs to taking your business on the road.
By pei.lyn
Hi all,
I am currently doing e-commerce (selling products thru fb page) but my profit is not enough for my daily expenses so
I am planning to start a digital marketing agency (I have knowledge in fb,instagram,twitter ads) in order to have more sustainable income and able to work remotely.
I have seen and heard a lot of the success stories of how people earn money online, such as affiliate, blogging, social media marketing,influencer marketing,email marketing and a lot more but currently I am struggling as I am try to do on my own but things just does not work out.
I need some guidance on:
1) how to get and gain customer trust when I am still new towards digital marketing?
2) how to boost up sales?
3) what price should i charge the customer?

I am truly appreciate all the answers.
Hey pei.lyn,

I'm one of the co-founders of http://coalition.digital/ - a Canadian based digital marketing firm.

1) If you're new to digital marketing and need a way to get clients while you're starting out, you need to prove to people that you do good work so that they recommend you, and ideally refer new clients to you. This is how I personally get all of my clients, through referrals of happy clients. I had the luxury of working for another firm for about 2 years , building my network and proving the quality of my work. So this style is what works for me, everyone is unique and may have different experiences.

If you're starting out, this can be challenging! One of the ways you can do this is by taking on pro-bono work. Networking at co-working spaces or flat out networking events can also be successful depending on the person.

Additionally I recently read "Hack Upwork: How to Make Real Money as a Freelancer" and the author shared some great ways to get traction on Upwork when you're just starting out. However you're not asking about Upwork, but some of the ideas he shares are applicable to both Upwork and anywhere else. I got the ebook for free a while ago, I see it's no longer for free but if you message the author I'm sure you might be able to get a free copy as well.

2) Once you've got a few clients, you can offer referral incentives for them to refer new clients to you. Additionally you might consider running some online ads since you specialize in this field to help you earn new clients.

3) It depends on your experience, the quality of your work and the client. Most Canadian digital marketing firms will charge between $75-$200 CAD per hour of work. Professional freelancers are usually in the ballpark of $40 - $125. Some people will fall outside of this range, this is just one example of one country.

Hope this helps! Best of luck! :)
By mike12345
Hey pei.lyn,

I'm one of the co-founders of http://coalition.digital/ - a Canadian based digital marketing firm.

1) If you're new to digital marketing courses and need a way to get clients while you're starting out, you need to prove to people that you do good work so that they recommend you, and ideally refer new clients to you. This is how I personally get all of my clients, through referrals of happy clients. I had the luxury of working for another firm for about 2 years , building my network and proving the quality of my work. So this style is what works for me, everyone is unique and may have different experiences.

If you're starting out, this can be challenging! One of the ways you can do this is by taking on pro-bono work. Networking at co-working spaces or flat out networking events can also be successful depending on the person.

Additionally I recently read "Hack Upwork: How to Make Real Money as a Freelancer" and the author shared some great ways to get traction on Upwork when you're just starting out. However you're not asking about Upwork, but some of the ideas he shares are applicable to both Upwork and anywhere else. I got the ebook for free a while ago, I see it's no longer for free but if you message the author I'm sure you might be able to get a free copy as well.

2) Once you've got a few clients, you can offer referral incentives for them to refer new clients to you. Additionally you might consider running some online ads since you specialize in this field to help you earn new clients.

3) It depends on your experience, the quality of your work and the client. Most Canadian digital marketing firms will charge between $75-$200 CAD per hour of work. Professional freelancers are usually in the ballpark of $40 - $125. Some people will fall outside of this range, this is just one example of one country.

Hope this helps! Best of luck! :)

Hello Robert,
Thanks for sharing this information. This is very helpful for me!!
Actually I am also new as Pei.lyn and no knowledge of Digital marketing but your post helped me alot.

If you know where you want to go, then Google sear[…]

Dear Administrator and users of this forum, Well […]

Freelancer.com and Upwork are certainly valid chan[…]

Blog: jakie sposoby na chrapanie A lot of peopl[…]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!