Welcome Nomad!

The #1 free community for digital nomads. Ask questions and get answers. Share experiences, knowledge and your adventure. No more paid and private clubs, just one awesome community! Welcome :)

Get the resources, information, and answers to your burning questions about how to be a digital nomad. From quitting your day job to finding freelance gigs to taking your business on the road.
Hello everyone.

Here is my situation.

I am a co-founder of a startup business of co-working space, customizable t-shirt printing and educational services. My team and I are very interested of doing Digital Nomad soon.

We have our;
a. Why
b. Who
c. When
d. What
e. Where

* The question is how. How do we take the first step to do this Digital Nomad?

We have attending Content Marketing by Maya Nikolovski at iCube Innovation, Pending, Kuching, Sarawak (Malaysia) last month. We are thankful for that. We are fully aware on the benefits and risks of doing it.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you very much.

--
Best regards,
Dayang Fatin Nurhazziqah Binti Awang Madzelan.

p/s: the attachment is the link https://www.facebook.com/Visinomik/?fref=ts to one of our channel. We are doing some changes on it. Do comment, please. Thanks.
Hey Dayang,

Wondering how to take the first step to be a digital nomad? A very good question! Since we've met in person I can give you a bit more detailed personal advice. If I was in you shoes I would get everything ready to travel. Eg. if someone asked you "Hey Dayang, want to come to Thailand with me tomorrow?", you could say "Yes let's do it!" because you have nothing holding you back. A brief list of some of the first steps could include:

- Start earning enough income remotely to travel. Or have a plan on how you will earn income while travelling. To make this part a bit easier, check out this awesome guide on how to travel cheap from Nomadic Matt: http://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-blogs/the-ultimate-guide-to-traveling-when-you-have-no-money/

- Get out of your apartment lease, and sell all of your physical possessions, or store them if you're not comfortable with this idea

- Possibly the most important step! Figure out the first place you want to explore and book a plane ticket a few months in the future. By actually booking something, you will be forced to either plan and make it happen, or you will waste your money on the plane ticket

For any other questions related to becoming a digital nomad, you ask your questions in this forum: http://digitalnomadsforum.com/viewforum.php?f=27 (I've moved your post here) :)
Hi Dayang,

When you say "how", are you asking from a monetary point of view? If you are still trying to figure out how to generate an income online, that should be your number one focus. Once you have enough coming in to sustain you and/or you have enough savings, that's when you can make the jump. And that's when it gets exciting! You literally look at the map and figure out your first destination. For my husband and I, we chose Guatemala as our first destination because:

1) Our friend was leading a fair trade coffee tour, so we had a reason to go there (with a deadline that got us moving!)
2) Low cost of living
3) We wanted to learn spanish

You will have your own requirements and interests.

Turns out, the internet was not great at Lake Atitlan (it may be better now), but in 2013 we literally got our internet using a solar panel! Needly to say, those weren't our most productive months, but it was GORGEOUS to live there. The more urban center of Antigua had much better internet. So I do recommend moving to a more urban center where your internet will be more reliable.

My last tip is to VISUALIZE your ideal life and focus more on what you want and not so much on the how. It may sound hokey, but it works!
For inspiration, I highly recommend a book called "Excuse Me, Your Life Is Waiting" by Lynn Grabhorn.

Good luck!

Faith
(Currently living in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico -- and loving it!!)
Digital nomads in Brussels?

Hi, I'm visiting Brussels at the beginning of June[…]

Top 5 Remote & Mobile Job Finding Platforms

Hello, my husband and I are traveling through Cent[…]

I'm a freelance writer living in Phnom Penh, Cambo[…]

LOOKING FOR A REMOTE JOB

:D Hi, I'm Danilo Araújo Silva , a experienced […]

Join Our Facebook Group Today!